A super simple side dish for family dinner
When it comes to making dinner, I love easy recipes. And super simple sides that work in veggies are the best! I found a recipe for fire-roasted corn and red pepper salad that I decided to try without looking too closely. When I realized it was intended to be served cold, I decided to change it up and make it my own way. That’s how this fire-roasted corn and red peppers side dish was born.
It’s nearly as easy as oven roasted vegetables and certainly as tasty. It comes together in about 10 minutes and doesn’t take much babysitting, which leaves you free to make other things while the fire-roasted corn and red peppers are cooking. The last time I made this recipe, I paired it with grilled barbeque chicken for a delicious dinner.
The prep work for this fire-roasted corn and red peppers dish is minimal. Start by opening a can of whole kernel fire-roasted corn and draining it. This is what I used:
Then clean and dice one red bell pepper.
Cut 2 tablespoons of butter and separate them. Put a medium skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
Put the drained fire-roasted corn and 1 tablespoon of butter into the skillet.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the butter is melted and the corn is heated. Add in the diced red bell pepper, 1 additional tablespoon of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes until the red pepper pieces have begun to soften. Serve the fire-roasted corn and red peppers side warm.
Fire-roasted corn and red peppers
- 1 14.75 oz. can fire-roasted corn
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons butter separated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Open and drain the can of fire-roasted corn.
- Clean and dice the red bell pepper.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for about 3 minutes until heated through and the butter is melted.
- Add the diced pepper and 1 more tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the pepper begins to soften. Serve warm, and refrigerate any leftovers.